Monday, July 2, 2018, 9:47 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
As more TV viewing moves to streaming, connected TV is emerging as the most important new source of premium ad-supported inventory. At our recent VideoNuze Online Video Ad Summit, we dug into this unfolding opportunity on a session Rich Calacci (Chief Revenue Officer, Pluto TV), Jim Keller (VP, Sales, Hulu), Frank Sinton (Founder, Beachfront Media), Seth Walters (VP, Demand Partnerships, Roku), with Colin Dixon (Principal Analyst, nScreenMedia), moderating.
The panel explored the key advantages of connected TV ads, including enhanced targetability (at the user level), measurability, in-flight optimization and real-time feedback loops. The panelists also noted that with more cord-cutting happening, CTV is a critical way to reach certain households and build cross-screen campaigns. Still, the panelists noted that it’s relatively early days for CTVs, as virtually all TV will be streamed within 5 years.
- Small Screens, Big Profits: How to Achieve Success in Mobile Video [VIDEO]
- Piloting the Dream for a Seamless Cross-Screen Future [VIDEO]
- Is Data Living Up to Its Potential? [VIDEO]
- How CBS is Succeeding in the Digital Era [VIDEO]
- Platforms vs. Owned & Operated: Monetizing the Video Everywhere Strategy [VIDEO]
- How “Skinny” Bundles Are Enabling a New OTT Linear TV Ad Opportunity [VIDEO]