Capitalizing on Mobile as the First Screen [AD SUMMIT VIDEO]Wednesday, July 20, 2016, 11:04 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Mobile video is growing fast, but monetizing it fully is a work in progress. At the recent Video Ad Summit, participants on the “Capitalizing on Mobile as the First Screen” session included Justin Fadgen (VP, Business Development, Beachfront Media), Kevin Hein (U.S. Industry Lead, Technology and Telecom Vertical, Facebook), Manny Puentes (Chief Technology Officer, Altitude Digital) and Blake Sabatinelli (GM, Newsy) with Anna Bager (SVP, Mobile and Video, IAB), moderating.
Particular challenges for mobile video that the panelists raised included ad/video load times, a limited window to gain the viewer’s attention, standardized measurement, consistent user experiences and the growing role of data. The panelists also discussed the opportunities and challenges around distributed video models on social platforms and how much effort is required to optimize each, among other topics.
The conversation balanced perspectives from the advertiser, publisher, platform and technology perspectives really well. Mobile video has gained a lot of usage, but it’s clear that it’s still early days in fully monetizing it.
Watch the video now (41 minutes, 23 seconds).
Categories: Advertising, Mobile Video
Topics: Altitude Digital, Beachfront Media, Facebook, Newsy, VideoNuze 2016 Online Video Advertising Summit
- Hershey’s Head of Global Media Discusses How to Achieve Reach in the Digital Age [AD SUMMIT VIDEO]
- Convergence Realized: Why TV and Video Are Now Inseparable [AD SUMMIT VIDEO]
- How to Move Ads at the Speed of Today [AD SUMMIT VIDEO]
- Optimizing Video Ad Targeting Through Data and Insights [AD SUMMIT VIDEO]
- Debriefing the NewFronts and Upfronts: What’s Ahead in 2016? [AD SUMMIT VIDEO]
- Reaching Audiences at Scale: Will TV Succeed in the Digital Age? [AD SUMMIT VIDEO]
- CBS Interactive President and COO Marc Debevoise Discusses Successful Video Strategies [AD SUMMIT VIDEO]