VideoSchmooze [VIDEO]: Industry Executives Share Insights on Multi-Platform SuccessThursday, December 13, 2012, 10:43 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Below is the full video of last week's VideoSchmooze session, "Cracking the Code on Multiplatform Success," which included Peter Dolchin (VP, Viacom Media Networks), Jason Forbes (EVP, zeebox), Ran Harnevo (SVP, AOL On Network), Chris Smith (VP, Collective), with Olivier Manuel (Principal, Accretive) moderating.
The group covered a lot of ground, sharing insights on what their companies are doing with multi-platform and how they view multi-platform unfolding. Among the specific topics they discussed included:
- What is the definition of a "TV" in the online video age?
- What do marketers want - unified measurement for media buying, or separation by platform? And what do incumbent linear networks and upstart online-only programmers want?
- What is the difference between "TV Everywhere" and "Video Everywhere?" How are new programmers challenging incumbents to force more audience fragmentation and how is the ad community valuing this programming?
- Can online-only originals be financing solely on ads or do they need a dual revenue stream with subscriptions, like cable?
- Does premium content that was produced for the web get TV-style premium CPMs or will it be considered low-cost web content? How important is targeting matter and what other factors matter?
- Do ad formats need to be different on TV, mobile and online?
- How can business models align with user behaviors, and who's succeeding in doing this today?
- What lessons does mobile, with the dominance of iOS and Android, offer to connected TV space? Will a "connected TV operating system" emerge and if so, who will drive that?
- How does social help the discovery process and combat DVR usage?
And much more!
Categories: Advertising, Devices, Events
Topics: AOL, Collective, Viacom, VideoSchmooze, Zeebox