Monday, November 2, 2015, 11:49 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
More evidence this morning of how online video and TV are continuing to converge: SpotX and clypd have announced a new joint solution for content providers to manage all video and linear TV ad inventory whether it’s sold directly or programmatically. The goal is to optimize the value of all inventory and audiences with dynamic, targeted ads across all screens. The joint solution is currently available.
The partnership makes a lot of sense as the companies share a common investor in European broadcaster RTL Group, which acquired 65% of SpotX in July, 2014 for $144 million and also led clypd’s $19.4 million Series B round in April, 2014. SpotX is a video supply-side provider, providing an inventory management platform for premium video publishers and networks. clypd is a programmatic ad platform for linear TV.
The companies highlighted at least 6 benefits of the joint solution:
- Decreased complexity and increased synergies from managing inventory optimization, audience fulfillment and yield across distribution channels from a single platform.
- Greater efficiencies and flexibility for managing cross-screen audiences at a campaign level, and visibility into channel capacity and scarcity to help fulfill audience obligations.
- The ability to better monetize impressions that are fully valued on premium metrics.
- The ability to maximize yield on inventory using sophisticated cross-screen price discrimination techniques to drive increases in rates.
- Visibility into cross-stream audience exposures, and the ability to apply advertiser priority protections across TV and video assets.
- The application of first and third-party datasets across overlapping digital and TV audiences.
SpotX and clypd also said they’ve partnered with TiVo Research to enable SpotX to tap into the company’s profile of 2.5 million homes.
(Note: SpotX’s VP of Programmatic TV, Randy Cooke, will be speaking at the Dec. 1st SHIFT // 2015 Programmatic Video & TV Ad Summit on the session, “Digging Into Programmatic TV’s Hurdles.” Register now to save and to win a 50-inch Sharp Roku TV!)