With the vast majority of online video views free and ad-supported, it's critical that online video advertising continues to grow and mature. At the recent VideoSchmooze event, we had a deep dive session on online video advertising featuring John Nitti, president of activation for ZenithOptimedia (who oversees $10 billion of client spending), Eric Franchi, co-founder of Undertone and Ashley Swartz, CEO and founder of Furious Minds, who moderated.
Among the topics they discussed:
- Why there's a strong need for educating brands about the benefits of online video advertising
- Which performance metrics are being used and where is there room for improvement
- Whether video is starting to be viewed holistically by agencies and brands
- What are the key challenges of viewability and the idea of moving from impressions served to viewable impressions served
- What are the benefits of programmatic buying for brands and how audience-based ad buying is increasing
- Why brands are still reluctant to invest heavily in customized ad creative for online only
And lots more!
The video is below and runs 40 minutes.