Wednesday, May 11, 2011, 9:23 AM ET|Posted by Will RichmondI'm pleased to share that Rio Caraeff, President and CEO of VEVO, the leading online music video destination, will be speaking at ELEVATE: Online Video Advertising Summit on Tuesday, June 7th in NYC. Rio joins a morning panel titled "Content Publishers Crack the Code on Video Success" along with Kevin Krim (Global Head of Bloomberg Web Properties), Doug Knopper (Co-Founder and Co-CEO, FreeWheel), Adam Singolda (CEO and Founder, Taboola) and a moderator TBD.
I'm especially pleased to welcome Rio to the list of all-star speakers at ELEVATE because VEVO epitomized how a strong concept for an online video destination, executed well, can generate successful results. VEVO, which was only officially launched 18 months ago, garnered over 52 million unique visitors in March, 2011 according to comScore, making it the 5th-highest rated video site. VEVO has strong relationships with major record labels from which it sources its music video library. YouTube is also a key technology and distribution partner. VEVO has apps for the iPhone and Android, and also recently announced an expansion into the U.K. market.
As VEVO is mainly ad-supported, Rio is in a terrific position to share lessons learned for how to attract and retain major brand advertisers. I expect we'll also hear insights about what it takes to manage a high-flying start-up with big media partners, and the key role of execution.
Early bird discounted registration for ELEVATE expires this Friday, so don't delay! Confirmed ELEVATE speakers currently include:
- Albert Cheng - EVP, Digital Media, Disney/ABC
- Jon Miller - Chief Digital Officer, News Corp.
- David Kenny - President, Akamai Technologies (former Chairman & CEO, Digitas
- Kevin Krim - Global Head of Bloomberg Digital, Bloomberg
- Ronda Carnegie - Head of Global Partnerships, TED
- Rio Caraeff - President and CEO, VEVO
- Matt Strauss - SVP & General Manager, Comcast Interactive Media
- Joanne Bradford - Chief Revenue Officer, Demand Media
- Jordan Hoffner - President of Digital Media, Electus
- David Preschlack - EVP, Affiliate Sales and Marketing, Disney & ESPN Networks Group
- Jeremy Legg - SVP, Business Development and Multi-Platform Distribution, Turner Broadcasting
- Noah Garden - EVP, Revenue, Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- Ian Schafer - CEO and Founder, Deep Focus
- Doug Scott - President, OgilyEntertainment
- Ron Bloom - Chairman and Co-Founder, MEVIO
- Plus more to come!
And don't forget our free "VideoSchmooze" networking evening coming up next Wednesday, May 18th at Gstaad in NYC.
Learn more and register now!