Tuesday, June 15, 2021, 10:50 AM ET|Posted by Will Richmond
Following up yesterday’s post, today I’m pleased to share video recordings of the 7 sessions from the second afternoon of last week’s Connected TV Advertising Summit virtual. Below I have also included the session description for each, along with the speakers. (Note the CTV Ad Summit web site has been de-activated, post conference). Reminder, the first afternoon's session recordings are here.
For anyone focused on how to succeed in CTV advertising, there are lots of really valuable insights and data. For example, to get a sense of why the CTV ad opportunity will exceed $27 billion by 2025 in the U.S. alone, watch the presentation from eMarketer / Insider Intelligence’s Eric Haggstrom. To learn how buyers are thinking about CTV ads, watch the session with Amplifi/Dentsu’s Mike Law and Cara Lewis. To learn about Roku’s playbook for CTV success, watch the interview with Alison Levin.
And don’t miss the panels focused on programmatic’s role in CTV, how smart TV makers are positioning themselves for ad success, the new rules of targeting/data and the big changes coming to TV advertising.
If you attended please see my email yesterday with an attendee survey. I’m very interested in your feedback on the Summit and how to further improve it.
Thursday, June 10, 2021 sessions
CTV Ad Spending Forecast: Over $27 Billion by 2025 (20 minutes)
eMarketer is forecasting CTV ad spending in the U.S. alone will exceed $27 billion by 2025, making it the fastest-growing media segment. Learn the detailed forecast for CTV advertising, the big winners and what it all means for linear TV.
- Eric Haggstrom – Senior Forecasting Analyst, eMarketer / Insider Intelligence
Programmatic’s Role in CTV Advertising (30 minutes)
Programmatic is a mainstay of the digital advertising ecosystem and is playing a role in CTV as well. Learn how programmatic is already being used in CTV and what leading publishers and technology providers see ahead.
- Reed Barker – Head of Advertising, Philo
- Dave Pudjinis – Director, Strategy & Programmatic Partnerships, AMC Networks
- John Ross – Director of Product Strategy, DoubleVerify
- Lauren Wiseman – VP, OTT and Programmer Partnerships, Xandr
- Lynda Clarizio – formerly President, U.S. Media, Nielsen Holdings (moderator)
Smart TV Makers Aim for Advertising Success (35 minutes)
Smart TV makers are racing to gain their share of the CTV advertising pie by investing in user experiences, FAST services and data capabilities. How are they positioning themselves for future success?
- John Gee, Chief Business Development Officer, LG Ads
- Travis Hockersmith – VP, Platform+, VIZIO
- Karl Meyer – Head of Sales, Media and Entertainment US, Samsung Ads
- Alan Wolk - Co-Founder/Lead Analyst, TV[R]EV (moderator)
Targeting in CTV: The New Data Paradigm (31 minutes)
Fewer ads. More relevance. A better viewer experience. Improved call-to-action and transparency. This is the potential of effectively using data to better target streaming TV viewers. What’s unique about connected TV audience targeting, especially in the context of the changing identity management and privacy landscape, how is streaming changing the marketing funnel and how can CTV’s full potential be realized?
- Bill Condon – SVP, Advertiser Partnerships, Xumo
- Jason DeMarco – VP of OTT, Index Exchange
- Minnie Dimesa – EVP, Advanced Media and Marketing, Icon Media Direct
- Lauren Gabriele – VP of Publisher Partnerships, IRIS.TV (moderator)
Roku: Playbook for CTV Success (25 minutes)
Roku has emerged as one of the biggest early winners in CTV and it’s continuing to innovate in technology, content and partnerships. Roku’s head of advertising shares the company’s playbook for CTV success and what’s ahead.
- Alison Levin – VP, Ad Revenue and Marketing Solutions, Roku
- Mollie Cahilane – Convergent TV Reporter, Adweek (interviewer)
Vision 2025: Four Changes Impacting TV Advertising (28 minutes)
The TV advertising industry is undergoing unprecedented disruption. In recent research Comcast Technology Solutions conducted with leading TV networks and ad buyers, it found four big changes to expect when looking ahead to 2025. In this fireside chat, learn about the four changes and what industry participants must do to succeed as CTV and streaming gain in popularity.
- Mark McKee – Chief Revenue Officer, FreeWheel
- Richard Nunn – VP/GM, Advertiser Suite, Comcast Technology Solutions
- Jon Watts – Executive Director, The Project X Institute (interviewer)
Why Advertisers are Embracing CTV: The Agency Perspective (25 minutes)
CTV is now a critical part of all ad buyers’ budgets. Learn from senior agency executives how brands are thinking about CTV, key takeaways from the NewFronts, how CTV aligns with buyers’ key objectives, what challenges remain and what we might expect in a post-Covid world…plus lots more.
- Mike Law - President, Amplifi USA | Dentsu
- Cara Lewis - EVP, Head of US Media Investment, Amplifi USA | Dentsu
- Eric John – VP, Media Center, IAB (moderator)