VideoSchmooze Video: Online Video Advertising 2012Monday, December 19, 2011, 9:42 AM ET|Posted by Will RichmondTwo weeks ago at VideoSchmooze, we had a spirited panel discussion on online video advertising's opportunities and challenges in 2012. Among the topics were how to accelerate spending in the medium, what it will take for original content to succeed (particularly from YouTube and Yahoo) and how it will be financed, what role agencies play and whether there should be a dedicated "digital upfront," whether dedicated creative will become the norm and more.
Each of the panelists brought a unique perspective to the discussion and I thought it was one of the most informed discussions of online video advertising I've seen this year.
I'm pleased to present the video of this panel today (see below), which runs approximately 43 minutes.
The panel included:
- Brent Horowitz - VP, Business Development, FreeWheel
- Suzie Reider - Head of Ad Sales, YouTube and Google Display
- Tracey Scheppach - EVP, Innovations Director, VivaKi, Starcom Mediavest
- Andrew Snyder - Executive Director, Content Solutions, Yahoo
- Bill Lederer - CEO, Kantar Video (moderator)
Categories: Advertising, Events