VideoNuze Posts (3 items)
Dodgers Stalemate and Viacom's $785 Million Write-Down Epitomize OTT's Growing Impact
Posted on 04-07-2015
Yesterday provided us with 2 excellent examples of how OTT is changing the video landscape and how the pay-TV ecosystem is struggling to adapt. The first example was the second...
L.A.'s Non Sports Fans Will Pay At Least $6 Billion to Subsidize New Sports Network
Posted on 02-04-2013
Last week, when Time Warner Cable and the L.A. Dodgers sealed a deal creating a new regional sports network to carry the team's games, the Dodgers' CEO Stan Kasten...
Expensive Regional Sports Networks Are Becoming Pay-TV's Achilles Heel
Posted on 08-22-2011
An article in the NY Times over the weekend, "Regional Sports Networks Show the Money," highlighted the mega-profitable and symbiotic relationship between...
Related News (17 items)
- Dodgers TV blackout ends: Spectrum deal puts SportsNet LA on AT&T platforms LA Times - 04-01-2020
- Why Cox Is Balking in Dodgertown Multichannel News - 04-06-2015
- TWC Makes Dodgers Games Available on Broadcast B&C - 09-15-2014
- Small pay-TV provider feels squeeze play over Dodgers channel LA Times - 06-09-2014
- Little progress in DirecTV-Time Warner Cable Dodger talks LA Times - 05-06-2014
- Pay TV Balks at Price of the Dodgers WSJ - Reg. Req'd - 03-12-2014