VideoNuze Posts (3 items)
John Malone Praises Netflix’s "Nirvana Business Model," Chides Traditional Pay-TV Distributors
Posted on 01-10-2017
In an interview at Lionsgate’s first investor day, Liberty Media chairman John Malone praised Netflix as having a “nirvana business model” while calling out traditional pay-TV distributors for being “asleep...
With Next New Networks Deal, YouTube Evokes Cable's Early Days
Posted on 03-09-2011
With Monday's announcement that YouTube is acquiring independent video producer Next New Networks, plenty of people have concluded...
Inside the Netflix-Starz Play Licensing Deal
Posted on 10-03-2008
This past Wednesday, Starz, the Liberty Media-owned premium cable network, licensed its "Starz Play" broadband service to Netflix. The three year deal...
Related News (15 items)
- Malone: Streaming Consolidation Will Come Multichannel News - 11-21-2019
- Liberty Media joins bidding for regional sports networks being sold by Disney, sources say CNBC - 02-05-2019
- Liberty Media CEO Says Wall Street Overreacted To Cord-Cutting Fears Deadline - 12-09-2015
- Liberty Media CEO Predicts More Content Consolidation in "Next Year or Two" The Hollywood Reporter - 12-08-2015
- Malone's Biggest Mistake: Not Buying Netflix Multichannel News - 11-12-2015
- Liberty Media CEO Says OTT Video Better for Starz Than HBO Home Media Magazine - 03-09-2015