Today I'm pleased to share a video interview I did with Netflix's Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos at the recent NATPE Market conference in Miami, FL. Among the topics Ted addresses are:
- How the business is doing since the Qwikster reversal, and what lessons were learned?
- Is there a chance the Starz deal could be renewed at some point?
- What is the role of TV series vs. movies on Netflix (and is the "flix" coming out of Netflix since Ted told me separately that 60% of the 2 billion hours watched in Q4 '11 was TV, and that the percentage is rising)?
- Why are the after-market economics for serialized dramas so challenging, in turn making Netflix a valued partner?
- Which competitors make him most nervous?
- How are international rollouts going?
- Which connected device is most critical to Netflix long-term?
- Is Netflix having any impact on cord-cutting and cord-shaving?
The interview runs 18 1/2 minutes. (Note, I'm off camera and my audio isn't great, so the questions are overlaid in text.)