VideoNuze Posts (11 items)
Peak TV Originals Drop Slightly in 2020; Rebound Likely in 2021 Due to AVOD
Posted on 02-01-2021
The number of scripted original TV shows released on broadcast, cable and streaming dropped slightly from 532 in 2019 to 493 in 2020 according to FX Networks, which has been...
“Peak TV” and Why Many Entertainment-Oriented Cable TV Networks Will Morph Into Studios in the Long-Term
Posted on 01-14-2020
There was nothing surprising when I read last week’s coverage of FX CEO John Landgraf’s tally of original productions in 2019. According to Landgraf, the number of original dramas, comedies...
Research: Smart TVs and Connected TVs in 60% of U.S. Homes
Posted on 01-08-2018
According to new research released today from YuMe and Nielsen, 60% of U.S. homes now have either a smart TV or a connected TV device, with 74% of these...
Related News (41 items)
- FX on Hulu launches today, cementing Disney’s attempt to turn Hulu into a necessity The Verge - 03-02-2020
- FX on Hulu Will Make FX Brand ‘More Valuable,’ Says John Landgraf Adweek - 01-10-2020
- Peak TV Update: Scripted Originals Top 500 in 2019, FX Says The Hollywood Reporter - 01-09-2020
- FX to Produce Programming for Hulu The Hollywood Reporter - 11-07-2019
- Disney Shutting Down FX Plus Subscription Service Variety - 07-12-2019
- FX CEO John Landgraf blasts Netflix for “not telling you the whole story” Fast Company - 02-04-2019