VideoNuze Posts (63 items)
Inside the Stream: How Overlapping “Doom Loops” are Crushing the TV Industry
Posted on 05-19-2023
In this week’s podcast we discuss the overlapping “doom loops” that are crushing the TV industry. These were first articulated by MoffettNathanson, and built upon by Colin. The doom loops...
Inside the Stream Podcast: ESPN is Getting Squeezed From All Sides
Posted on 01-27-2023
Cord-cutting is accelerating. Deep-pocketed Big Tech (Amazon, Apple, Google) are scooping up marquee sports rights in an effort to add value to their services businesses. Linear TV viewing is collapsing....
NFL Rights Deals Soar As Pay-TV Subscribers Contract
Posted on 03-04-2021
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that the fees CBS, Fox, NBC and ESPN each pay to broadcast NFL games will double or more in new long-term agreements currently...
Related News (296 items)
- ESPN’s game-changing direct-to-consumer move likely to arrive in 2025 or ‘26 - 05-22-2023
- ESPN Plans to Stream Flagship Channel, Eyeing Cable TV’s Demise WSJ - 05-18-2023
- Why news outlets are putting their podcasts on YouTube NiemanLab - 04-11-2023
- ESPN wants to be the hub of all live sports streaming - even if it helps its competition CNBC - 03-02-2023
- Streaming the Super Bowl? Expect Spoilers. WSJ - 02-09-2023
- ESPN Plus Raises Standalone Price by $3 a Month, But Disney Bundle Price Is Unchanged Next TV - 07-15-2022