VideoNuze Posts (5 items)
Inside the Stream Podcast: ESPN is Getting Squeezed From All Sides
Posted on 01-27-2023
Cord-cutting is accelerating. Deep-pocketed Big Tech (Amazon, Apple, Google) are scooping up marquee sports rights in an effort to add value to their services businesses. Linear TV viewing is collapsing....
VideoNuze Podcast #537: Regional Sports TV’s Troubles; Roku’s Strong Q3
Posted on 11-06-2020
I’m pleased to present the 537th edition of the VideoNuze podcast, with my weekly partner Colin Dixon of nScreenMedia. On this week’s podcast, Colin and I return to...
Sinclair’s $4.2 Billion Regional Sports Write-Down Highlights Fundamental Industry Shifts
Posted on 11-04-2020
Sinclair Broadcast Group reported its Q3 ’20 results this morning, including a $4.2 billion write-down on goodwill associated with its regional sports networks (RSNs), which a Sinclair subsidiary acquired...
Related News (22 items)
- With Financial Turmoil At Bally Sports Networks, Major Leagues Gear Up For A Future Without Cable Forbes - 02-17-2023
- Sinclair, Nexstar, Gray, Scripps, Hearst, Cox Media CBS Affiliates Leave FuboTV B&C - 02-01-2023
- Largest RSN Owner in U.S. Prepares for Bankruptcy Front Office Sports - 01-26-2023
- Sinclair Reportedly in Talks With the Chicago Cubs for DTC Service Next TV - 02-08-2022
- Sinclair locks down local streaming rights for 16 NBA teams Engadget - 01-13-2022
- Sports fans are being sidelined as local hoops and hockey networks fight the decay of pay TV CNBC - 11-22-2021