VideoNuze Posts (5 items)
PlayStation Vue and HBO Max Underscore TV Industry’s Uncertain Economics
Posted on 10-30-2019
Just before the WarnerMedia team took the stage to unveil details of HBO Max, Sony announced that would it shut down its 4 year old PlayStation Vue virtual...
Rethinking Skinny Bundles and Their Impact on Pay-TV
Posted on 04-30-2018
VideoNuze readers know I’ve long been skeptical about the value proposition of virtual multichannel video programming distributors (“vMVPDs”) or “skinny bundles” as they’re commonly known. But as I touched on...
Research: Exploring Skinny Bundles’ Momentum with TDG’s Michael Greeson
Posted on 02-26-2018
Virtual Multichannel Video Programming Distributors (“vMVPDs”) or “skinny bundles” have become a very hot topic in the video industry. Offering fewer TV networks and at a lower monthly price they’re...
Related News (30 items)
- Sony PlayStation 4 gets YouTube TV just as it loses Vue service CNET - 01-21-2020
- Expect More vMVPD Attrition Following PlayStation Vue Shuttering, Analyst Says Multichannel News - 11-01-2019
- Sony Seeking to Sell PlayStation Vue Light Reading - 10-24-2019
- Sony Inks Deal to Sell PlayStation Vue Internet TV Service Through Small Cable Operators Variety - 07-24-2017
- PlayStation Vue Drops Cheapest Price Plan Home Media - 07-07-2017
- Online TV: The Future Has Arrived - And It May Be Less Profitable Home Media - 05-29-2017