VideoNuze Posts (27 items)
Research: Amazon Channels is Driving Over Half of Direct-to-Consumer Video Subscriptions
Posted on 05-16-2018
New research from The Diffusion Group finds that 55% of all direct-to-consumer video subscriptions are being driven by Amazon Channels. As the chart below shows, for Showtime, Channels accounts for...
Disney Blew A Big Strategic Opportunity By Licensing to Netflix in 2012
Posted on 08-09-2017
By now we’re all familiar with the 3 big announcements Disney made yesterday: 1) a plan to launch its own entertainment-focused SVOD service, in turn sunsetting in 2019 its...
Never Mind Apple Bundling Premium TV Networks, Amazon is Really the One to Watch
Posted on 04-04-2017
Recode reported a couple days ago that Apple is potentially looking to sell online subscriptions to HBO, Showtime and Starz in a single bundle to subscribers. Since Apple has...
Related News (130 items)
- Lockdown-Driven OTT Growth a ‘Double-Edged Sword’ for Streamers Adweek - 01-13-2021
- As US Market Saturates, Streamers Set Their Sights on Global Expansion Adweek - 10-02-2020
- Starz Global OTT Subs Rise to 10.6M in Quarter Multichannel News - 05-22-2020
- Starz Accuses MGM of Massive Breach of Exclusivity Agreements Variety - 05-04-2020
- Starz to Exit Xfinity Lineup Feb. 11 Multichannel News - 02-10-2020
- Roku to Stream First Season of ‘Game of Thrones’ for Free Later This Month Variety - 12-09-2019