• Altitude Digital Adds Executives, Doubles Revenue and Expands Capabilities

    Altitude Digital, a video supply side platform, has added two new VPs and anticipates more than doubling revenue to $50 million in 2014 as it has continued to expand its programmatic video advertising capabilities. Altitude has its roots in display, but has aggressively invested in programmatic video, now working with over 1,800 publishers.

    The new hires include Ryan Abrahams as VP of New Revenue and Max Gideon, VP of Mobile. Abrahams was most recently Director of Publisher Development, East, for Nexage, a premium mobile ad exchange that was acquired last week by Millennial Media. Gideon was previously at Zynga, in business development and ad management positions.

    Altitude also promoted Cordell BaanHofman to VP of RTB and Demand and added several director-level hires from Adap.tv, MediaMath and Sovrn.

    Jeremy Ostermiller, Altitude's CEO and founder told me the company is profitable and has over 75 staff, which it plans to double next year. Altitude has raised one venture round of $5 million and added a $7 million credit facility from Silicon Valley Bank last month. Jeremy said Altitude now derives 85% of its revenue from programmatic with the remaining 15% from direct I/Os. Publishers are exposing 5-6 billion video impressions/month with Altitude currently.

    Jeremy highlighted Altitude's recently launched Advanced Impression Recovery ("AIR") technology, which can detect over 100 different failure points when VAST or VPAID pre-roll ads are served. When detected, AIR cancels the ad call and resends it 3 times, which Jeremy said can improve fill rates by 20-100%.  AIR is being used in mobile video ads as well as online.

    Jeremy also noted Altitude's new RTB solution, which was in development for over a year, and its Deal ID solution, which will roll out in 2015 along with private exchange functionality.  All of this has been added to Altitude's ARENA SSP, a its publisher hub for both video and display advertising, and the APEX Video Player, providing syndicated premium video.

    To test your knowledge of the burgeoning programmatic ad space, Altitude has created a 35-question quiz, which takes about 15 minutes to complete. Check it out.